Depression & Anxiety (Mental Health) Tomball
Depression is a common condition that affects people of any age group. The symptoms can vary from constant sadness and anxiety, negative thinking, changes in sleep and appetite, fatigue, trouble concentrating, and irritability. Many of these symptoms may not be obvious to the patient and often happen slowly so they are not that noticeable.
When these symptoms persist for at least two weeks, it is considered “major depression.” Left untreated, depression may last for weeks, months, or even years. A person suffering from depression cannot control their feelings, and it can drastically affect their quality of life and their relationships with family and friends.
Anxiety is the condition when one is nervous to the point that it affects daily living. While everyone can be anxious in a scary or threatening situation, some find this nervousness affects their lives more and more with time.
Common Symptons for Depression & Anxiety Disorder
Symptoms are different for every person. You may have one or many of the symptoms listed below. Your symptoms may appear as emotional, physical, or a combination of both. The symptoms of depression may be different for children, teens, and seniors.
Emotional symptoms of depression
- Feeling sad, numb, or hopeless
- Easily crying at even simple things
- Irritable, easily annoyed, and restless
- Lost interest in things you used to enjoy
- Inability to concentrate
- Thinking about death or suicide
Physical symptoms of depression
- Changes in appetite and sex drive
- Feeling fatigued all the time
- Sleep issue, especially falling asleep or waking too early
- Aches and pains not otherwise explained
- Memory and concentration issues
- Unintended weight gain or loss
- Persistent worrying about things that are out of proportion to their importance
- Overthinking decisions or situations
- Constant fear that something bad is going to happen
- Fear in going out, interacting with people
- Becoming startled easily
- Many patients have physical symptoms as well: feeling shaky, sweating, nausea, diarrhea
Diagnosis and Treatment for Depression & Anxiety Disorder
TrendHealth Clinic provides mental health services to help you treat, cope, and manage your depression and anxiety disorder. Our depression treatment providers in Tomball will treat your depression or anxiety disorder with counseling, medication, and lifestyle changes that are right for you. It is important you tell us all your symptoms, including the duration, frequency, and severity of each.
Common treatments for depression and anxiety disorder include:
- Prescribe medication (antidepressants) to help treat and manage your depression
- Prescribe medication to reduce anxiety
- Provide counseling to help figure out what makes you anxious
- Provide counseling for mild to moderate depression
- Prescribe psychotherapy
- Recommend lifestyle changes that may help, including diet, regular exercise, and avoiding alcohol, drugs, and too much caffeine
We understand that every patent has a different path to wellness when depressed and/or anxious. We will be with you every step of the way to provide personalized treatment and care to help you live with depression and anxiety.
When to Visit TrendHealth Clinic
TrendHealth Clinic can diagnose, treat, and help monitor your depression and anxiety symptoms. Visit our depression and anxiety provider in Tomball if:
- You feel that your sadness is affecting your life
- Your anxiety never adversely affects your daily functions, including rest
- You have a loss of appetite
- You have low energy
- You are sleeping too much or too little
- You become easily irritable or agitated
- Your physical symptoms adversely affect your daily functions
- You cannot focus or concentrate
- You feel panicky or anxious
- You lose interest in the things that you once enjoyed or made you happy
- You are feeling down and worthless, with preoccupied thoughts of death
- Your relationships falter or family members mention your mood changes
It is also important to continue to follow up with our medical providers to help you monitor your depression and anxiety disorder. If you feel like your prescribed medication isn’t working anymore, it is important to visit us. We can adjust your medication and dosage to ensure that we find what is right for you.
Call or Schedule an Appointment with TrendHealth Clinic
You can make an appointment with TrendHealth Clinic by doing one of the following:
Call us at 346-246-3424 to speak with one of our care managers who will be happy to schedule an appointment with one of our healthcare providers. We often have same-day and next-day appointments available.
Schedule an Appointment Online
To complete our online registration to book an appointment, click here.
Schedule a TeleHealth Visit
Schedule a TeleHealth Visit from the comfort of your home in Houston or anywhere in Texas. A TeleHealth Visit is appropriate for a variety of care needs. To learn more about setting up a TeleHealth visit with a member of our care team or the types of TeleHealth Visits that are available, click here.